Friday, September 3, 2010

When "Quiet Hour" turns into "Nap time for Mama"

Guilty.  Totally guilty.  Instead of using my well thought out quiet hour for writting, I took a nap.  Dude, I was tired.  DS had me awake several times during the night with 'bad dreams' which is just code for 'mom, I just want you to sleep beside me.'   So productivity for the day was a wash, right?  Wrong!!!  Nap time became:

I had been at a standstill with my novel, not sure where it wanted to take me next, and as I was drifting off to la la land, it came to me.   I now have some direction and will have a much more productive quiet hour today.  I promise.

And thanks to the two people who voted on my poll...you know who you are!

2 comments:

  1. My best inspiration has come while I've been asleep or in the shower. If someone would kindly invent a waterproof laptop, I could write two or three books a year. (Or not.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my inspiration came during late night feedings when I had infants, and now, while driving to work.

    Blog is looking good!

    ReplyDelete